Click My e-Edition
to sign up or access
your electronic subscription
to the Osgood Journal and
The Versailles Republican
or to view an e-Edition sample!
UPDATED October 16, 2014 at 11:15 a.m.
Hospital takes precautions against Ebola
Listed below are some measures Margaret Mary Health is currently undertaking, according to MMH President Tim Putnam:
• Training front line staff in all of MMH facilities and medical practices on how to screen for at-risk patients and visitors
• Posting Travel Health Alerts at each entrance to educate patients and visitors on what to do if they have Ebola symptoms or have possibly been exposed to the virus
• Training staff on how to safely put on and take off protective gowns, masks and gloves to prevent the virus from spreading, including the use of “buddies” that can help spot any potential risks when removing gear
• Designating isolation areas where at-risk patients would be treated
• Setting up a special “Ebola Cart” in the Emergency Services Department
• Conducting hands-on drills so that team members can practice safety procedures
• Reviewing infection control and decontamination processes
• Ordering enough protective gear and supplies to have readily available, if needed
• Continuing to follow CDC guidelines and protocols
Read how local hospitals are preparing for an Ebola emergency in today's The Versailles Republican.
UPDATED October 7, 2014 at 10:00 a.m.
Timothy L. Sutton, Osgood, Ripley County Sheriff; William “Bill” Dramann, Batesville, County Council District 1; John Kellerman, Batesville, Superior Court Judge
Robert J. Linville, Osgood, District 1 Commissioner; Jeff Sharp, Milan, Superior Court Judge; Ryan King, Batesville, Circuit Court Judge; Jeff Cumberworth, Holton, Ripley County Sheriff; Ron Decker, Batesville County Council District 1
Tim Tuttle, Milan, Milan School Board At Large; Randy Kirk, Milan, Milan School Board, Washington Twp.
UPDATED September 9, 2014 at 8:30 a.m.
Newspaper to publish candidate information for fall election
All political candidates are invited to advertise in the Osgood Journal and The Versailles Republican to reach the voters of Ripley County with your message. A continuous candidate listing will begin Sept. 16. For $125 your name along with the office you are running for will appear in the both papers through the General Election. In addition, you will receive a press release along with a photo in one of the newspapers. The press release must be submitted to our office along with a photo. Please call 812-689-6364, email email@example.com or stop by our office at 115 S. Washington Street in Versailles and we will be happy to help you with all your political advertising needs. Our office takes all major credit cards.