WANDA ENGLISH BURNETT
On Tuesday morning, just before the snow began falling,
members of the Osgood Volunteer Fire Department were called
to a structure fire at 519 Leslie Street. Upon arrival
the firemen noticed the house was burning from the outside.
The firemen quickly extinguished the fire and according
to Chris Lemen, fire chief, the damage to the home was
minimal. He believed initally the fire had begun due to
efforts to try to thaw frozen pipes. Jerry Burton owns
the rental property. Osgood Deputy Marshal Chanda Stilts
also responded to the scene.