Cause of death of local contractor not yet determined

Wanda English Burnett, Editor

The exact cause of death of a local contractor has not been determined, according to the Hamilton County Coroner’s Office.

Michael E. Flint, 36, of Osgood, was taken by helicopter to a Cincinnati hospital after he collapsed outside of a Greensburg bar last Friday night.

According to information from the Greensburg Police Department, Flint had been involved in a scuffle inside the Ironhorse Roadhouse. A news release from the Greensburg Police noted that witnesses inside the Ironhorse said Flint and his wife were inside the bar when an argument ensued between the two of them. “Flint exited the Ironhorse and returned minutes later and two males were allegedly battered in a fight initiated by Flint.” The news release went on to say according to witnesses Flint was “assisted” in leaving the bar and when he was outside, fell to the ground unresponsive.

Greensburg Police Chief Bill Meyerrose said the incident occurred just after 10:00 p.m. on Friday, August 24. He said when officers arrived at the scene they found Flint unresponsive. EMS was called with Flint ultimately being taken to a Cincinnati hospital where he died Sunday, August 26, about 8:30 p.m.

According to Terry Daley from the Hamilton County Coroner’s Office, the cause of Flint’s death is pending the results of the toxicology report. He told The Versailles Republican it could take weeks to get that information.

Flint ran a contracting business with several of his customers saying they were in shock when they heard the news. “I went to school with him (Flint) since elementary school, and just couldn’t believe what I was hearing,” noted Tim Christman II, of Madison. He said Flint was a great guy who would do anything for anybody. “He would go out of his way to help people. I think I can speak for anyone who really knew him and say he had a great sense of humor. He could make anybody laugh.” Christman said Flint will be missed by many who had the opportunity to get to know him. “He just had a great personality.”

Funeral services for Flint are being held today, August 30, at Neal’s Funeral Home in Osgood.